Do you agree or disagree with the following statements? Would the members of your team agree or disagree? Take time to consider each statement…and then discuss them together.
- No position, title, or role is more important than another.
- Every member of my church has a specific ministry role to fill.
- Paid pastors are better equipped to minister to the needs in our church.
- Pastors should preach but people should serve.
- Members should be strongly encouraged to discover and use their spiritual gifts.
- The most important thing my pastor should do is make sure we know how to serve.
- My pastor encourages me to use my gifts and find my unique place in our body.
This is a great exercise to use with your leadership team and your volunteers! It can help identify assumptions and expectations that exist…and help each person realize you each have a valuable part to play in the ministry of your church!
- RSS Feed