I almost felt guilty. You know the feeling, I’m sure. Maybe you are feeling guilty now, or you did yesterday, or one time last week.
The cause of this guilt?
Taking time out of your busy schedule to take care of yourself.
To have fun.
Now, you know what I’m talking about, don’t you?
That time you…
- sat down to read a book
- called a friend for lunch
- went for a walk to clear your head
- made time for a massage
- met a colleague for coffee just to chat
- leafed through a magazine (not work- or ministry-related)
- left the office a few minutes early to hit the gym
Guilt comes when our sense of self-care has fallen to the bottom of our priority lists. I’m talking from personal experience here! Learning to care for ourselves physically, emotionally, and spiritually helps us care for others. So, whatever that guilty pleasure is you’ve been denying yourself, I say, indulge. And leave the guilt behind.
- RSS Feed