This is an excerpt from Tom McKee’s milestone book, The New Breed, Understanding and Equipping the 21st Century Volunteer. You can get Tom’s book for 50% off this week during the CVDaily Birthday Bash! Plus, Tom will be here at Group January 21-23, 2013 for our Church Leadership ReGroup Event. It promises to be full of great learning and fun! Details are still being finalized…but if you want to reserve a spot for you and your team, call us at 1-800-267-9040 or email us at email@example.com
Five Essentials for Volunteer Leaders—and why these essentials are…essential!
Great volunteer teams consist of passionate people who have a focused vision, believe in their mission, and empower each other with their initiative and skill development.
As a volunteer leader, ask yourself and your leadership team these questions:
1. Passion: Are our volunteers passionate about our mission? It all starts here.
2. Focus: Is that passion focused like a laser, or unfocused like a lukewarm light bulb?
3. Strategy: Are we thinking strategically, using carefully crafted mission and vision statements?
5. Team: How are we building community among our volunteers? Do they love working with us?
6. Training: Is our training geared for the new breed of volunteers who want to do it their way?
Which of these does your team need to work on most?
Share your thoughts on our blog…
- RSS Feed